Paying for the Funeral
We are happy to discuss costings for a funeral, whether it be over the phone, by email, in one of our offices or at a private address.
Why not discuss your individual requirements and budget with a Funeral Director, for a tailor made quotation to suit your needs. Call one of the team at your convenience on 01902 338888, 24 hours a day.
Upon contact with ourselves and once we have a picture of what the funeral wishes are, we will be able to issue a written and verbal estimate of costs in full.
We do ask for a pre-payment to be paid prior to the funeral these figures are below:
- Full Payment of all 3rd Party Fees (Disbursements) we pay on your behalf. This is generally made up of the cremation/burial fee, Doctors Fees and ministers fee.
- Payment of £1995.00 in full when Direct Cremation Package is chosen
- (We may ask for a higher deposit if high cost additional services are requested. E.G. a horse drawn hearse)
The pre-payment would need to be paid two days prior to the funeral taking place, if they are not paid the funeral may be temporarily postponed.
We are very accommodating, and understand being able to organise such a deposit in a short time scale could cause difficulty. If you are waiting for insurance policies, bank payments or other sources, we would allow the payment to be made after the funeral upon receipt of such polices or as such in official writing from the payee. We also do accepted families which are making DWP claims, and we are one of the very few funeral directors who accept payment plans.
Once the funeral has taken place we will send a detailed, final funeral invoice to the client. This would be payable within a month of receipt.
Payments can be made by:
- Cheque (Payable to Edward John Funerals)
- Credit or Debit Card (in office or over phone)
- BACS- Online Bank Transfer (please contact us for account details)
DWP Funeral Payment from The Social Fund – the DWP do grant funeral payments towards the funeral costs. This will depend on the applicant’s circumstances and income. Please visit this link Get help with funeral costs to complete and review the application process. Or you can call them for a verbal on the phone decision 0345 606 0265.